Get in touch with us by calling or filling out the form below
Teeth Whitening in Whittier, CA
How Can Saman Edalat D.D.S. of Whittier, CA Help With Teeth Whitening Treatments?
Teeth whitening treatments offer a safe and effective solution to reversing years from everyday staining and yellowing on your teeth. With this procedure, you experience an increase in self-confidence and self-esteem due to a renewed and more youthful smile.
What Causes Tooth Discoloration That Requires Teeth Whitening Treatments?
Many lifestyle factors contribute to the staining and transformation of your teeth from white to yellow. The two main types of stains that cause your teeth to discolor are known as extrinsic stains and intrinsic stains.
Extrinsic Tooth Stains
Extrinsic tooth stains range in the degree of discoloration. These stains are a result of the foods you consume frequently. Extrinsic tooth stains can be easy to remove with the teeth whitening treatments that we provide at Saman Edalat D.D.S. of Whittier, CA.
The causes of extrinsic tooth stains include the consumption of:
- Cigarettes (smoking)and chewing tobacco
- Beverages like soda, red wine, coffee, and tea
- Sauces such as soy sauce, curries, dark sauces, and tomato sauces
- Various foods such as chocolates, blueberries, cherries, beets, and pomegranates
Intrinsic tooth stains are a result of what occurs beneath your tooth’s surface enamel due to:
- Various genetic disorders
- Taking medications, like antibiotics
- Consuming water with too much fluoride
- Some dental materials, like silver fillings
How Can I Whiten My Teeth?
Even with regular flossing and brushing, your teeth can still be discolored to various degrees. Keeping your dentist appointments for regular teeth cleaning to remove oral plaque is definitely beneficial but your teeth might still remain in a different shade.
We can help. Along with preventive dental measures to ensure a vibrant white smile, there are safe, fast, and effective ways to whiten your teeth.
Two effective ways to whiten your teeth are the following:
- The professionally administered (in-clinic) tooth whitening technique, also known as dental bleaching, is probably the most popular aesthetic procedure today. Saman Edalat D.D.S. of Whittier, CA performs professional teeth whitening using a wide range of techniques and application tools.
- Another common approach is at-home teeth whitening systems with custom-fitted trays, which patients use to apply professional-strength bleaching gel (for use at night or during the day).
A popular independent teeth whitening system we provide at the clinic is Philips Zoom, which has the ability to significantly whiten teeth on the same day. Saman Edalat D.D.S. of Whittier, CA, our resident dentist, will use a special light on the teeth to trigger a chemical bleaching solution and induce whitening. You will see visible results immediately.
Depending on the teeth whitening procedure you decide to have when you visit our clinic, you can expect to see results within a few hours. Many of the common components of teeth whitening agents include bleach, such as carbamide peroxide and hydrogen peroxide.
Once you and our dentist at Saman Edalat D.D.S. of Whittier, CA decide on the type of tooth whitening treatment that works best for you, you can rest assured that we will provide you with quality care and reliable dental solutions.
As your dental care provider, we will create a customized teeth whitening treatment kit for you to take home, so you can continue the regimen and obtain optimal results faster. Take-home whitening kits have various strength formulas. We will adjust the bleaching process for tooth whitening to ensure you experience as little tooth sensitivity as possible.
Are Teeth Whitening Treatments Effective?
- Whitening treatments can be effective on both extrinsic and intrinsic staining.
- Only natural teeth can be whitened.
- Side effects include temporary tooth sensitivity and gingival inflammation.
- Depending on the teeth whitening treatment you select, results can be visible within a few hours.
As your dentist, we will help you determine the reason for your teeth discoloration and recommend safe and effective remedies to ensure you achieve a confident and bright smile.
If you still have any questions about teeth whitening, contact the friendly team at Saman Edalat D.D.S. of Whittier, CA at (562) 946-2838. We will be happy to assist you.